A detailed map of the estate from 1738 showed elaborate formal gardens with fountains in a deer park of more than 24 hectares. The current status of the site is unknown.
The Medley family inherited Coneyborough by marriage in 1713. After being inhabited by two generations of the Medley family, the house was let (the Medley family also owned Buxted Place). Use of Coneyborough was then limited. A drawing of the house in 1790 shows a Palladian style of facade with wings. The house was demolished in 1816, and a new building was built in the Grecian style.
- Features & Designations
- House (featured building)
- Description: Grecian style building.
- Earliest Date:
- Latest Date:
- Key Information
Sussex Gardens Trust