Bounded on the north side by the railway embankment, Chiswick Back Common is mainly grass, criss-crossed by paths. Around the edges are mature trees, with beech hedging near the playground. At the east apex is a C19th fountain provided by the Metropolitan Drinking Fountain Association.
Chiswick Common was part of the Bishop of London's Manor of Fulham and was rural until the mid C19th with large estates, farms and market gardens. Development took place after the railway arrived in the area in 1849, with Turnham Green Station opening in 1869.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Turnham Green (District, Piccadilly). Bus: E3, 94