Features of Wendell Park include play areas and a nature conservation area.
Wendell Park is on land that from 1868 was owned by the Ecclesiastical Commissioners. In 1893, when much of the area was being built over, 4 acres south of Cobbold Road were offered to Hammersmith Vestry for recreational use in return for certain works, such as paving of new roads. The Vestry took this on with LCC assistance and laid out the park out in 1896/7. The park was not given a formal opening but was in use by 1897.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 7.30am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 7.30am - dusk.
DirectionsTube: Stamford Brook (District). Bus: 266