The garden has mature Wellingtonia, flower beds set into lawn and the remains of stonework terraces and steps.
A large rose garden and terraces remain on the site of Castle Wood House, built in 1870 and now demolished. The site was purchased by the LCC after the last owner's death in 1920 and it was opened to the public in 1925 as an addition to the existing public park around nearby Severndroog Castle, both now incorporated into Shooters Hill Woodlands.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Falconwood, Eltham then bus. Bus: 89, 486, B16, 122, 161, 178
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
London Parks and Gardens Trust