Trees include a clump of oaks and an avenue of horse chestnuts from the footbridge south, with some paths having avenues of trees. Eltham Park Lido opened in 1924 and was a popular facility but was closed in 1988. It has now been demolished and grassed over.
Eltham Park South is on land that was once part of Colonel J T North's estate at Avery Hill. It was acquired in 1902 by the LCC after North's death in 1896 and laid out for public recreation. Eltham Park North was provided in 1929, the two parks divided by the railway and now also by the Eltham Relief Road, access between the two via a pedestrian footbridge.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Falconwood. Bus: B16.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)