To the south is an earlier LCC park, Eltham Park South, accessed from a pedestrian footbridge over the railway and Eltham Relief Road that separates the two parks. In the centre of the park is Long Pond, surrounded by willows and ornamental shrubs.
Eltham Park North was once part of the estate of Avery Hill and was acquired by the LCC in 1929/30 for public open space. In 1936 Shepherdleas Wood was added to the park, a large tract of native oak woodland, which is part of the ancient Shooters Hill Woodlands.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Falconwood. Bus: B16
- Early 20th Century