Buckingham Place is a mid-19th-century private square with an associated communal garden separated from the terrace by a carriage drive. A stone boundary wall survives in reduced form and pairs of round head stone gate piers with round tops and sunken panels at each entry from Queens Road.
Nos. 1-16 Buckingham Place (consecutive), Queens Road, form a terrace within the Clifton Conservation Area. They are dated 1843-45 and the terrace is Grade II* listed and by the architect R S Pope.
As a private square, the associated mid-19th century communal garden is narrow in form and is separated from Buckingham Place by a carriage drive. The stone boundary wall survives in reduced form with pairs of roundhead stone gate piers with round tops and sunken panels at each entry from Queen's Road. It is grassed with trees (recent).
It is important as contributing to the setting for the terrace and as part of mid-19th-century town design.
- Terrace (featured building)
- Description: A terrace of 16 houses
- Earliest Date:
- Latest Date:
- Mid 19th Century
Avon Gardens Trust