The hall is now derelict and the site is disused.
The site was illustrated on the Wedgwood service made for Catherine the Great. The house was built in 18th century for the Gilbert family. In 1844 Thomas Gilbert sold it to the Earl of Shrewsbury who converted it into a monastery and school. The alterations were by AW Pugin. The following year the Staffordshire Advertiser reported an 'Extensive sale, furniture, paintings etc, carriages, garden implements, painted flower stand, rustic chairs, iron flower baskets, mignionette boxes'. The school closed in 1986 and the hall was left derelict.
- 18th Century
- Associated People
Staffordshire Gardens and Parks Trust