An earlier layout that had a central paved area with a pergola and central water feature was replaced in 2008 by a new landscaping scheme. Planting was undertaken by the local community as well as Putting Down Roots, the horticultural project run by St Mungo's homelessness charity.
St Mary's Gardens was laid out by Lambeth Borough Council in 1932/33 on what had been part of the old road when the new Lambeth Bridge was built. It is named after the adjacent parish church.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Waterloo. Tube: Waterloo (Northern, Waterloo and City, Jubilee, Bakerloo) then bus, Lambeth North (Bakerloo). Bus: 3, 77, 344, 507, C10.
- Early 20th Century
London Parks and Gardens Trust