Furzedown House, a substantial house built around 1800 set in grounds, is now the core of Furzedown Training College near the recreation ground and some remnants of the 19th-century planting survive. The recreation ground once had a café, two bowling greens, a pitch and putt course, a flower garden and tennis courts.
Furzedown Recreation Ground was provided by Wandsworth Borough Council and opened in 1924, the name recalling the former heathland here. The area was gradually developed for housing from the late-19th century onwards.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 8am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 8am - dusk.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)