Abington Hall, Abington Pigotts 5689

Abington Pigotts, England, Cambridgeshire, South Cambridgeshire

Brief Description

Features of Abington Hall include a lawn and an enclosed kitchen garden.

History

Abington Hall was created in the early-19th century as a private residence.

Detailed Description

A fountain to the east of the hall is shown on the first Ordnance Survey map with a lawn leading to a ride through The Woodlands. From 1907 until 1920 the Hall was used as the rectory. There is an enclosed kitchen garden and today the garden to the south of the Hall contains shrubs and mature trees overlooking the park.
Features
  • Kitchen Garden
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Lawn
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Garden Wall
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Manor House (featured building)
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Abington Pigotts
History

Detailed History

The Hall was built on a new site in 1829 by Lt. Col. G. E. Graham. Graham created a small park to the south-west soon afterwards.
References

Contributors

  • Cambridgeshire Gardens Trust