Worthington Hall 6599

Wigan, Greater Manchester, Greater Manchester, England

Brief Description

Worthington Hall dates from 1577, and lies to the east of Chorley Road. This is a small site with an orchard linked by a strip of wood to Worthington Wood and the River Douglas to the east. The site had been extended to the south by the end of the 19th century.

Features
  • Hall (featured building)
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
Orchard
History

Period

  • 16th Century
References

References

Contributors

  • Lancashire Gardens Trust

  • Greater Manchester Archaeological Unit