Whitehall, Coppingford 5974

Coppingford, England, Cambridgeshire, Huntingdonshire

Brief Description

Features of Whitehall include a fine collection of trees and shrubs and lawns.

History

Whitehall was created in the mid-19th century.

Detailed Description

This large rendered brick house to the north-east of the village stands amongst mature trees. The garden is notable for a fine collection of trees and shrubs mainly evergreens and conifers, planted during the 1860s. Around a lawn to the south are giant redwoods, cypresses, phillyreas, yews and daphnes. This is very similar in range to the evergreens and conifers planted by the Reverend Strong at Thorpe Hall, Longthorpe, in 1860.
Features
  • Lawn
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Manor House (featured building)
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Upton and
History

Detailed History

Whitehall was established in the mid-19th century as a private house.

Period

  • Victorian (1837-1901)