Wallington, Kitchen Garden 4274

Morpeth, England

Pgds 20080615 192532 100 1460

Brief Description

The Kitchen Garden was located north-east of Wallington Hall within East Wood. It has partially survived and is now known as the Walled Garden. The original extent of the garden was much larger. The Garden pond and Portico House were both enclosed within the original garden.

History

The Kitchen Garden was created in the mid-18th century. Lancelot Brown may be responsible for a re-design in the 1760s.

Visitor Facilities

The grounds are open daily throughout the year. Please see: http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/wallington/opening-times/ More information
Features
  • Garden Building
  • Description: Portico House was originally within the enclosed kitchen garden which has now been lost. It was a gardeners cottage. Daniel Garrett designed the building in about 1740.
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Pond
  • Description: The garden pond was originally within the enclosed kitchen garden which has now been lost. It is located within East wood on the way to the Walled Garden.
Access & Directions

Access Contact Details

The grounds are open daily throughout the year. Please see: http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/wallington/opening-times/

Directions

The site is off the A1 between Newcastle and Morpeth. Please see: http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/wallington/how-to-get-here/
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Wallington
Associated People

Just one person associated to Wallington, Kitchen Garden

Contact

Telephone

0844 800 1895

Official Website

Click Here

Other websites

Owners

    References

    References