Tusmore was originally a 14th-century park developed in the 17th century to include formal gardens and avenues around a manor house. A new house was designed by Robert Mylne and built in 1770. Pleasure grounds were added, the park was landscaped and a Temple of Peace was constructed. An Arts and Crafts garden was designed in the early-20th century by Imrie and Angell (architects).
A new house was designed by Robert Mylne and built in 1770. The house was replaced in 1964 to a neo-Georgian design by Claud Phillimore, and again, in the same style, in 2002-03.
- House (featured building)
- Description: The house has a neo-Georgian design.
- Earliest Date:
- Latest Date:
- Access & Directions
Directionsoff the A43, north-east of M40 junction 10
- 18th Century
- Associated People