The mid-19th-century workhouse had a large garden with regular paths and lines of trees. The site is now built over.
The Brackley Poor Law Union workhouse was established in 1835 to replace the early 18th-century workhouse that was in a different location. It accommodated 200 people. The workhouse is shown on a map of 1922 but was subsequently demolished. The area was built over by a housing estate named Westhill Gardens some time since the 1930s.
Detailed DescriptionLate 19th-century maps show a large garden around the workhouse. It was laid out on a grid of regular paths with trees down each side of the enclosure and a shorter line of trees running from the main entrance to the workhouse building. A pair of conifers flanked the main gateway entrance from the street.