Preserved under the London Squares and Enclosures (Preservation) Act of 1906, in 1928 the unenclosed site contained 'a few trees', now well-grown horse chestnuts. Until re-landscaping took place in 2008 it was a largely paved area laid out with seats, some planting in raised areas and concrete planters.
Windsor Terrace or The Oval was land owned by St Bartholomew's Hospital that was leased to Shoreditch Borough Council at 1s per annum and maintained as an asphalt playground.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail/Tube: Old Street (Northern). Bus: 205
London Parks and Gardens Trust