One of the original Georgian house remains, with the garden now surrounded by 1950s flats.
The laying out of Charles Square commenced in 1684 with the first houses built along the east side. The square was completed in around 1770, at which time it was described as 'set with greens, plants, fruit and other trees'. The central garden was acquired by Shoreditch Vestry in 1897 and laid out as an ornamental garden.
Visitor FacilitiesThe site is open from 7.30am - dusk (summer 9.30pm, winter 4pm).
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe site is open from 7.30am - dusk (summer 9.30pm, winter 4pm).
DirectionsRail/Tube: Old Street. Bus 55 
London Parks and Gardens Trust