The site is now tarmaced and used as a playground by Dallington School, bounded by a rendered wall to Seward Street with railings above, gate piers and a number of plane trees. The site has been identified within the Bunhill and Clerkenwell Urban Design Study as being potentially suitable for public open space.
The site is a former burial ground of St Bartholomew's Hospital, which was used for the burial of unclaimed bodies. It was located east of Mssrs Sewards Dye House. After it closed for burial the site was let as a carter's yard before being laid out as a public playground by the MPGA in 1891, which was maintained by St Luke's Vestry.
- Access & Directions
DirectionsTube: Angel (Northern) then bus. Bus: 4, 55, 56, 153, 243, 505
London Parks and Gardens Trust