The small park also has a drinking fountain, some ornamental beds, grass and a few trees, with tennis courts and a shelter in the north east.
Tanner Street Park was opened in 1929. The octagonal Portland stone turret that had capped the tower of the Church of St Olave in Tooley Street was sited in the south-east corner of the recreation ground; St Olave's, built in 1738-9 by Henry Flitcroft and rebuilt in 1843-6 following a fire, was demolished amid much local controversy in 1928.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail/Tube: London Bridge (Northern, Jubilee) then bus. Bus: 42, 78.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
London Parks and Gardens Trust