The C18th Watch House is within the garden, and C18th Vicarage is just outside.
St John Horselydown was an early C18th church designed by Nicholas Hawksmoor and John James, a prominent local landmark until it was bombed in WWII. It was replaced by a new building in 1976, now London City Mission, which rises out of the remains of the old walls. The churchyard was in use until 1853. Adjoining it was a paupers' burial ground of St Olave's, now part of Potters Fields Park. St John's churchyard was laid out as public gardens in 1882.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Tower Hill (District, Circle) then bus. DLR: Tower Gateway then bus. Bus: 42, 78.
London Parks and Gardens Trust