This memorial park features an arch designed by William Walford and a dedicatory plaque.
Guy's Hospital was founded by Sir Thomas Guy in 1721, and built on a site to the south of the old St Thomas' Hospital, which had been here since medieval times until its relocation to Lambeth in 1862. The hospital has considerably expanded over the years with numerous new buildings and facilities but there are a number of courtyards, with sculptures and landscaping, and a Memorial Garden. The Portland stone arch which forms the focal point for the memorial site was unveiled in July 1921 by the Duke of York. The site was re-designed in 1992.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
London Parks and Gardens Trust