This site is mainly open grassland with occasional boundary trees. Bushy Road bisects the park.
Sutton Green was originally the northern tip of Sutton Common, which was left as open space when the Common was enclosed in the early C19th. The 1815 Inclosure map called the site a play area. In 1867 the site was called ‘The Green’ and is shown with the pond at the south end. This was named Victoria Pond and had a weeping willow planted on its island to commemorate Queen Victoria's Coronation in 1837.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Sutton Common. Bus: 151,154,164,280, 54.
London Parks and Gardens Trust