The park is on sloping land, sub-divided into areas by hedges, fences and trees, which include fine mature and semi-mature evergreen and deciduous trees. A fountain, now surrounded by formal planting, was donated by the Chairman of Sutton UDC in 1924-5.
In 1914 Sutton UDC acquired Manor Park House, a 19th-century house, and converted its grounds, then neglected and overgrown, into a public park; the house was used as a school, then from 1937 as Sutton Public Library until it was demolished in the 1970s. Manor Park's original bandstand was replaced by a new one in 1923, its site now that of sports pitches. The park was created to its current extent over a period of time as land from neighbouring properties was added. In 1921 Sutton's War Memorial was erected on the site of two houses to the east, purchased for the purpose.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 8am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 8am - dusk.
DirectionsRail: Sutton. Bus: 407, 726
- Early 20th Century
London Parks and Gardens Trust