The church is surrounded by a churchyard with numerous trees including fine yews, and among the many tombs is an interesting mausoleum of 1777 to James Gibson and his family. Other old gravestones include two inscribed 17th century slab stones and an early-19th century monument to a blacksmith with an inscribed verse.
A church has existed here since medieval times and is recorded in the Domesday Book. The current church of St Nicholas was rebuilt in 1862-4 when the old parish church was too small for Sutton's growing congregation.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted. Church open on Thursdays.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted. Church open on Thursdays.
DirectionsRail: Sutton. Bus. 80, 151, 164, 213, 280, 407, 413, 420, 726
- Medieval (1066-1540)
Church of England
London Parks and Gardens Trust