Sutton Court is a late Georgian house with pleasure grounds and a small park. From the late-19th century the property was owned by R.O. Backhouse and his wife Sarah, who bred new cultivars of daffodils here, some of which survive in the grounds.
The house, grounds and park appear to be of late-18th century origin. The daffodil breeding took place between 1886 and 1940.
- Access & Directions
DirectionsFour miles north-east of Hereford via the A465 and a minor road.
- Late 18th Century
- 18th Century
- Associated People