Stottesdon 6588

Stottesdon, England, Shropshire

Brief Description

John de Segrave had a park at Kingeswode in Stottesdon in the 13th century. Its position may be indicated by Park Wood, which lay a half mile north of Stottesdon village.

History

John de Segrave had a park at Kingeswode in Stottesdon in 1296. It seems to have been lost before the end of the medieval period, but the placename 'Park Wood' on maps of the late 19th century may indicate its former location.

Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Stottesdon
References

References