There was a medieval wood or park at Highley in the 14th century, but today no certain location may be proposed.
The park was mentioned in 1360, and 19th-century field names show woodland survived in several parts of the parish at that date.
Today, it is unclear where the boundaries of the park lay. The economy of the area was revolutionised in the 19th Century with the expansion of coal-mining, and the landscape was much changed as a result.
- Medieval Garden
- Access & Directions
Highley has an entry in the Domesday Book (1086), when it was a small rural community. Later in the medieval period, it became an important source of building stone, and its quarries fed the construction of Worcester cathedral.
The wood or park of Highley was mentioned in 1360. 19th-century field names show woodland once stood in several parts of the parish.
- Medieval (1066-1540)