The park is overlooked by two areas of ancient woodland, Long Wood and Sage Wood, and Paines Brook, a tributary of the Ingrebourne River, runs through the park.
The area was largely farmland until the 1950s when Central Park was created in order to provide facilities for the families who were moving to the LCC's newly developed Harold Hill Estate; provision of the public park was designated in the LCC's estate layout of 1947. Central Park was provided with a cricket pitch and paddling pool, and a swimming pool was later opened in 1966 in the north west.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open until dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open until dusk.
DirectionsRail: Harold Wood then bus. Bus: 174, 256, 296, 151, 374, 496
London Parks and Gardens Trust