Today the old burial ground is laid to lawn and traversed by a single path with good mature trees and a few shrubs near the church. No tombs or gravestones survive apart from one railed tomb slab to Alexander Davies (d.1665), who owned lands that later belonged to the Grosvenor family. The site is surrounded by good early C18th cast-iron railings, obelisk piers and octagonal stone bollards; also remaining are six mid C19th lamp standards.
St Margaret Westminster is surrounded by its former burial ground, which had probably been in use since the C12th until it was cleansed of gravestones and grassed over in 1881.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Westminster (District, Circle, Jubilee); St James's Park (District, Circle). Bus: 11, 24, 88, 148, 211, 3, 12, 53, 87, 159, 453
London Parks and Gardens Trust