Among the important tombs in the churchyard is that of Sir Matthew Decker and his grandson Viscount Fitzwilliam who founded the Fitzwilliam Museum in Cambridge; and that of Sir Richard Levett of Kew whose estate became part of the Royal Gardens.
St Mary Magdalene is the old parish church of Richmond. A chapel existed here by 1220 when the parish was known as Shene, later renamed Richmond. The churchyard was enlarged on the west side in 1745, and in 1790 a new burial ground was consecrated nearby at Vineyard Passage.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail/London Overground/Tube (District): Richmond
Official WebsiteClick Here
London Parks and Gardens Trust