Features of Cambridge Gardens include a tennis court, play areas and refreshments.
Cambridge Gardens was laid out on the former grounds of Cambridge House, itself once part of a 17th-century riverside estate. In 1751 the house and parkland were purchased by Richard Owen Cambridge and was renamed Cambridge House after he died in 1802. The estate was later divided in 1835 when his son sold the main house and land to Henry Bevan who modernised the house, built a large conservatory and embellished the grounds. After Sir Edward Dean Paul inherited the estate he aggravated Twickenham Local Board by erecting railings each side of the towpath to prevent people crossing his lawns until an agreement of 1887 led to creation of a 12ft wide footpath, maintained by the Board.
Visitor FacilitiesThe site is open from Mon - Sat: 7.30am - dusk/Sun & Bank Hols: 9am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe site is open from Mon - Sat: 7.30am - dusk/Sun & Bank Hols: 9am - dusk.
DirectionsRail/London Overground/Tube (District): Richmond then bus. Bus: 33, 490, H22, R68, R70 R68, R70, 33, 290
London Parks and Gardens Trust