The churchyard is enclosed with 20th century fence and iron railings, and has some good 17th- and 18th-century tombs. An obelisk to Major John Cartwright (d.1824) was raised by public subscription and erected in 1835. The churchyard is densely shaded, and trees include ancient yew, cedar, holly, larch and hornbeam.
A Norman church existed on the site from the 12th century but in 1872 Saxon foundations were discovered dating from an earlier church. The tower and main body are 15th century with two later aisles. Bombed in World War 2, the church was later restored.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Finchley Central (Northern) then bus. Bus: 125.
Official WebsiteClick Here
Diocese of London
London Parks and Gardens Trust