The layout was designed using cottage-style houses in pairs, each pair individually designed and incorporating traditional rural architectural features, laid out around an informal green. The designer, Frank E. Stratton died in June 1922 and is commemorated by a memorial lamp on the green, which also acts as a war memorial.
Finchley Garden Village was built on garden city principles by the Finchley Co-Partnership Society, which had been formed in 1908. The architect Frank E Stratton was from the local firm of Bennett and Stratton.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Mill Hill East (Northern) then bus. Bus 240.
- Early 20th Century
London Parks and Gardens Trust