St Margaret's is now sandwiched between two commercial buildings, the Overseas Bankers' Club of 1866 to the east, and the former Royal Bank of Canada of 1932 to the west. To the north what remains of the churchyard is a small secluded garden.
Lothbury is first recorded in connection with St Margaret's Church in the late C12th and probably derives from a family called Lotha. The medieval church was rebuilt in 1440, destroyed in the Great Fire in 1666 and the present church by Christopher Wren dates from 1683-9.
Visitor FacilitiesThe site is open Mon-Fri 9am-5.15pm.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe site is open Mon-Fri 9am-5.15pm.
DirectionsTube: Bank (Central, DLR, Northern, Waterloo & City) / Monument (Circle, District)
- Associated People
London Parks and Gardens Trust