St Laurence's Church in Cowley is the smallest parish church in Middlesex. The churchyard has a brick wall to Church Road and there are numerous gravestones and monuments set into the grass, including a railed chest tomb for Thomas Dagnell.
Cowley was a small rural parish until the 19th century and the atmosphere of a country church is retained despite its built-up surroundings. The lych-gate commemorates the 1914-18 war and was erected in 1919.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted (key for Church may be obtained from Rectory).
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted (key for Church may be obtained from Rectory).
DirectionsTube: Uxbridge (Metropolitan, Piccadilly) then bus. Bus: U3, U5
- Medieval (1066-1540)
- 12th Century
Diocese of London
London Parks and Gardens Trust