Originally named The Fassnidge Memorial Recreation Ground, the park is an unusually well-preserved early-20th century park and its layout and features are remarkably little changed since opening in October 1926, the first recreation ground dedicated to the public in Uxbridge.
The site was donated to Uxbridge District Council by Kate Fassnidge, widow of landowner Edward Fassnidge who had died in 1921. It was formerly the garden of their Uxbridge house, The Cedars.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Uxbridge (Piccadilly, Metropolitan)
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)