At one time enclosed by railings, by 1928 it was 'an asphalt area with a few trees'. Today there are mature plane trees, shrubs and a number of raised beds with low stone walls into which are set niches for seats.
This small triangular site known as St John's Island Site was donated for public use by deed gift in 1816, its maintenance later becoming the responsibility of Finsbury Borough Council.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Farringdon, Barbican (Hammersmith & City, Circle, Metropolitan). Rail: Farringdon, Barbican. Bus: 153
London Parks and Gardens Trust