Features of Spa Green Gardens include a Grade II listed war memorial, herbaceous beds and mature trees.
New Wells were established at Spa Green in 1737 in competition with Sadler's Wells, and it became a popular spa, the spring flowed until the 1860s. The land was acquired by the LCC in 1891 when Rosebery Avenue was laid out and the public gardens were created on 4 portions of land, part surplus from road building, and part exchanged with the New River Company. The war memorial at the east end was erected in 1921. The gardens changed when the Spa Green Estate was laid out in 1946.
Visitor FacilitiesThe gardens are open from 8am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe gardens are open from 8am - dusk.
DirectionsTube: Angel (Northern). Bus: 4, 19, 38, 153, 341
London Parks and Gardens Trust