St James's Gardens were re-landscaped in the 1980s by Camden Council, and is a rectangular site with grass, rose beds and a few mature trees, a playground area and an extensive semi-circular pergola.
Following an Act of Parliament, the site was originally purchased in 1788 as an additional burial ground for St James Piccadilly. Encroached upon by the railway to the east, it was laid out as a public garden by the St Pancras Vestry in 1887, and the headstones mostly cleared to the boundaries.
Visitor FacilitiesThe gardens are open from 7.30am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe gardens are open from 7.30am - dusk.
DirectionsTube: Euston Square (Hammersmith & City, Metropolitan, Northern). Rail/London Overground/Tube (Northern/Victoria): Euston. Bus: 24, 27, 29, 134, 135, 30, 73.
London Parks and Gardens Trust