St James Park consists of a rectangle of grass with a children’s playground. The mature lime trees around the perimeter and forming a central avenue were planted in around 1920. The park is adjacent to a number of other facilities to the south-west that were also part of Low Hall Manor: an area of allotments, Low Hall Playing Fields, which were formerly marshlands used for pasture by the Manor, and Low Hall Conservation Area (0.65ha), a derelict area being developed into a woodland nature area by local volunteers.
- Visitor Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 9am - half hour before sunset.
DirectionsLondon Overground/Tube (Victoria): Blackhorse Road. Rail: St James St Walthamstow. Bus: 58, 158
St James Park is on part of the former lands of Low Hall Manor, which was sold to Walthamstow Council by the Lord of the Manor in 1877. It was opened as a public park in 1910.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
London Parks and Gardens Trust