In 1934 Abbotts Park was recorded as having 6 hard tennis and 7 grass tennis courts, refreshments pavilion, ornamental gardens and a shelter. It remains much the same today with a central area of open grass, tennis courts and a 19th-century red-brick pavilion at the west end. It now has a miniature golf course and a number of children's playgrounds.
Abbotts Park was formerly called James Lane Recreation Ground, which was created on land purchased in 1885 by the Lammas land commoners and the local board to replace lost Lammas land. The park is a rectangular site between two streets of 19th-century houses, enclosed by 19th-century iron railings and planted with shrubs and trees around the perimeter.
Visitor FacilitiesThe site is open from 9am - half hour before sunset.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe site is open from 9am - half hour before sunset.
DirectionsLondon Overground: Leyton Midland Road. Bus: 69, 97, W16
London Parks and Gardens Trust