The well-planted churchyard has numerous native and non-native trees, and has gates and a lych-gate at the east entrance. There is a War Memorial to the dead of both world wars and a garden of remembrance was laid out in around 1962. It closed to burials in 1990.
The parish of St James was created in 1863, at first called New Hampton, changing to Hampton Hill in 1890. The land had been part of Hounslow Heath. At first there was only a small churchyard around the church and the parish churchyard at Hampton was generally used for burials, but as the parish grew land next to the church was given for a larger churchyard in 1882 and it was extended again in 1924.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
- Victorian (1837-1901)
London Parks and Gardens Trust