The riverside gardens remain popular, and have lawns, trees, shrubberies and an area of ornamental planting around a sundial.
St Alban's Terrace Gardens are one of a number of riverside gardens between Hampton Court Road and the Thames, here named after the 5th Duke of St Albans who moved to Hampton in 1796 to a riverside house first called St Albans Bank, now St Alban's Lodge. In the C19th the riverside near Hampton Court became a popular tourist attraction in its own right and was important for its boat-building works. Among these was boat-builder Tom Tagg, who leased the ait now known as Taggs Island where he built the Island Hotel in 1870.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsBus R68, 111, 216, 416, 726, R68
London Parks and Gardens Trust