There are interesting tombstones in the churchyard, the oldest dating from 1725. The Lubbock Cross commemorates the Lubbock family who lived at High Elms.
A church has existed here for centuries, but the date of its dedication to St Giles the Abbot is unknown although in 1292 the village of Farnborough was granted licence by the King to hold a weekly market and an annual fair on the Feast of St Giles. The churchyard may have been in use as a burial ground from as early as 1000 AD and it has been extended a number of times over the years as the need for more burial space arose.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
Official WebsiteClick Here
Diocese of Rochester, Orpington Deanery
London Parks and Gardens Trust