The layout is little changed and it still retains a C19th character with barley sugar edging to paths and shrubberies, seating, and an ornamental fountain in the centre surrounded by flower beds. Mature trees are mainly around the perimeter. At the northern end is the site of an underground bomb shelter, now planted over.
St George's Square Gardens consists of a long rectangular enclosure between Grosvenor Road and Lupus Street, terminated at the north end by the Church of St Saviour, built in 1864. The gardens were originally provided for use of residents of the square and were designed by Thomas Cubitt, who issued keys to the first residents in 1854.
Visitor FacilitiesThe site is open from 8am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe site is open from 8am - dusk.
DirectionsTube: Pimlico (Victoria). Bus: 24, 360, C10
- Mid 19th Century
- Associated People
Just one person associated to St George's Square
London Parks and Gardens Trust