A sculpture by Ian Walters of 1985 commemorating the International Brigade was installed and the erection of the London Eye brought heavy footfall to the gardens, which have now been re-landscaped to designs of West 8.
This was the site of the Dome of Discovery in the 1951 Festival of Britain. The Jubilee Gardens were created in 1976 and opened by Queen Elizabeth II for her Silver Jubilee in 1977. In the 1990s they were partially closed for 5 years while the Jubilee Line extension was being built and were subsequently re-turfed as a temporary measure prior to permanent re-landscaping. Jubilee Gardens re-opened on 31 May 2012 to coincide with the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail/Tube: Waterloo (Northern, Waterloo and City, Jubilee, Bakerloo). Bus: 1, 4, 59, 68, 76, 159
Arts Council of England leased to Jubilee Gardens Trust