St Andrew's Churchyard, Ham (also known as Ham Parish Church)7373

London, England, Greater London

Brief Description

The entrance to the churchyard is through a lych-gate leading to shrub beds around the steps leading to the church door. Within the churchyard are a number of good chest tombs and a War Memorial within railings on three sides with a gate onto Ham Common. The churchyard is partly bounded by hedge, with railings to Church Road.

History

St Andrew's Church was built in 1830/1, a grey brick building with two turrets, and was later enlarged with a south aisle with rose window in 1860. In 1900-01 a red-brick chancel was added, designed by Bodley and Garner.

Visitor Facilities

Opening is unrestricted.
Access & Directions

Access Contact Details

Opening is unrestricted.

Directions

Rail: Kingston then bus. Rail/Rail/London Overground/Tube (District): Richmond then bus. Bus: 65.
References

Contributors

  • London Parks and Gardens Trust