The site is now a golf course, though a wilderness area appears intact.
The house was rebuilt by James Gibbs for the Duke of Argyll around 1717 to 1720. In front was a carriage sweep. A wilderness adjacent to the house had a 10-point star and a ring. A further star of avenues was planted on a knoll nearby. In the 20th century the property became Richmond Golf Course and was redesigned completely.
Visitor FacilitiesThe site is now a golf course and not open to the general public.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe site is now a golf course and not open to the general public.
- 18th Century
- Associated People