The gate piers at the entrance have the standard heraldic stone plaques that denote all King George's Fields.
King George's Field takes its name from King George V who originally gave the land to the borough. King George's Fields Foundation was set up as a memorial following the King's death in 1936, and provided funding for the creation or improvement of a great many playing fields before it was finally dissolved in 1965. The Foundation provided a grant of £2,000 to Ham Borough Council for the 13.5 acre site.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open Mon - Sat: 7.30am - dusk/Sun & Bank Hols: 9am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open Mon - Sat: 7.30am - dusk/Sun & Bank Hols: 9am - dusk.